8/18/11

Thursday Thoughts

Hi Everyone,

So....I had all of my procedures today.  What I didn't know is that I was going to get a surprise dose of chemo.  I wish the surprise had been a visit from Special Agent OSO.

I'm going to tell you my day and just so you know, in case you need to stop reading here, today hasn't been pretty.

Today has been rough...the very roughest since I've been here.  I'm really sick and I don't mean Leukemia sick.  I ate some after all of my procedures but with my being sick and the dose of chemo I threw everything up.  I have had a fever up to 104.9 and the lowest its been is about 102.  I went through 12 diapers in just a few hours and went through three sets of sheets including my blankies in about the same amount of time.  Daddy is staying with me tonight & Mommy went home with Matthew to try and get a little bit of sleep.  I hope they will be able to get some sleep but I know they are scared for me.

I had guests drive a long way to visit me last night but because I've been so sick Mommy had to turn a couple away because of young kids and a couple of others had to wait a long time until I was okay enough to see people.

I don't want anyone to have hurt feelings if you can't come into my room.  I know Mommy and Daddy feel really bad when they can't let everyone in who wants to see me.

Please understand that it's because I'm sick (I don't mean the cancer part) and I don't have enough in me to fight off any sickies that might be brought in.  I know I told you guys this morning about really scrubbing down and then sanitizing before you can touch me.  Mommy and Daddy have to have all of the adults to do this.  Mommy and Daddy can't have any of you who come to visit or bring food bring your children.  Since school is starting kids get sick and pass it around.  So like I said before, if you feel like you have a case of the sickies at all email me (NoahMrMans@gmail.com) or send a friend request on Facebook to Stacie Evans (she'll give you her contact info either on email or on FB) and she will come get the food and bring it to the hospital.

Please pray that Daddy, Mamas, and Matthew get some sleep.

Love,

Noah

6 comments:

Noah Mr. Mans said...

Noah,

I was glad to finally meet you and your baby brother Matthew today. You are a champion! I hope your procedure today went smoothly and your fever stays down.

I'll be back again soon.

Love,

Martha


Martha Hutchinson

Noah Mr. Mans said...

Dear Noah,

I am sorry that you have had to stay in the hospital longer. When I was in the hospital I would shut my eyes to look at my eyelids and I could imagine what my room at home looked like. It helped me a lot. I would look at my dresser and my bed and out my window. I know the pukies are no fun either. Please try hard to get well. Everybody needs you. I know you are just a little boy and all of this is very hard to do, but so many people love you and are praying for you. I just wanted you to know this.

Your friend,

Marilyn New

Marilyn New

Noah Mr. Mans said...

Hi Noah,

I am praying that you have a better day today! Hang in there...God is on your side!

Lisa Caesar

Noah Mr. Mans said...

Dear Noah: I'm so sorry to hear you had such a rough day. God is good and will keep you in his loving hands so you will feel better and get better soon. In the meantime know that you are truely loved by the many people who are praying for you and as someone else says prays go up and blessings come down your way.



Stay strong, you are a real trooper.

Gloria Scott

Noah Mr. Mans said...

Our dearest Pumpkin...it breaks our heart to hear you are not feeling good. We know you are having a bit of a set back but know we are pulling for you to get through this phase quickly. Sometimes things have to get worst before they can get better. You have been so brave so far and we are so proud of you. We want you to know we pray to God every night to help you get through these treatments and for you to have better days ahead...AND trust me God does hear our prayers, along with all the other prayers so many people are sending up in your behalf and in the behalf of mommy, daddy and Matthew. Stay strong little man. By the way Woof Woof is now all clean and ready to come join you again, so you can expect him soon.


We do hope you have a comfortable sleep tonight and that tomorrow will bring a more normal temperature, better appetite, and happier moments for you.

Popa and I plan to be seeing you soon, until then sleep well, sweet dream and know we love you.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and kisses your way...reach out and catch them...OKAY.

Love, Grammy and Popa
Corliss Johnson

Grammy said...

Hello Pumpkin. There was GREAT news about you today...no fever, and your ANC#s is up. Thank you God.

Last week was a scarey and rough one but it looks like we have the worst behind us...on this round.

How exciting yesterday was when a few members from Engine 14 stopped in to drop off food and to visit with you. They even drove their engine outside your window and turned on the lights "especially" for you...how special you are. You even cried when the engine drove off. I wish the crew could have seen that reaction.

Keep moving forward and know you are loved a lot!

Always,
Grammy and Popa

Noah's Music

This music player is set up to start as soon as you come to my blog. You can pause it at any time. You can also opt to listen to it as a stand alone player even when you are not on my blog if you want to feel close to me.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Noah's New Haircut