8/27/11

Back to the Pokie

Hi Everyone,


So today I had to go back to the pokie place.  Mommy and Daddy were so proud of me.  I didn't get upset as we drove back even though I knew where we were going.  I will say though that I was pretty sad when I got there.  I found out that my room now has another little kid in it.  My room is now 659A.  I have a buddy in my room.  I think it will be nice to have a playmate but I really, really....really miss my window.  Mommy's pulling every string she can think of to get my window back even if I'm not in the same room.  Maybe she needs to put on that football gear she used to get me out of here again.


Speaking of the hospital, do you know my daddy sleeps with me at the hospital?  He actually sleeps in my bed with me.  He's been saying that his back has been hurting and Mamas and I think it's because he's sleeping with me.  I know you all ask what you can bring for us.  If any of you think  of you some of those warming things that you stick on your back might help my Dah Dah's.


So, about my day today.  Well, that yucky rash is back!  I wasn't expecting to have that present come back.  I have it on my "ammo" area, on my legs and on my arm.  It itches really bad.  Mommy is concerned that my skin is going to start to burn once this Chemo starts coming out of me.


Okay, so I'm going to give you a little medical lesson to make it easier to follow along with me.


As you know I have AML4 which is a very aggressive form of Leukemia.  With this type of cancer "remission" is not really what people think remission is.  There are three different levels which are M1, M2 and M3.  The M level is determined by my bone marrow test.  Remission for this type of cancer doesn't mean the cancer is all gone rather it rates a % of the cancer still in me.


M3 means: 25% up to 100% of the cancer is still in my body.


M2 means: 5% to 25% of the cancer is still in my body.


M1 means: 0% to 4% of the cancer is still in my body.


So guess where I'm at?  I'm an M1 right now!  I still have cancer in my bone marrow but M1?  We'll take that!  Okay, another little happy dance goes here.


As for this round of Chemo.  I'll be have six high doses (it combines three types of chemo) of chemo daily.  My ACN has to be at a minimum of 750 with no fevers for me to be released to come home again for a few days.  They are expecting my stay this time to be four weeks.  Again, this doesn't mean I'm going home in a month.  Cancer doesn't like to be scheduled but it is a ballpark.


The last thing is a song that Mommy wanted to share.



Okay, well I'm sleepy now so I'm going to go to bed.


Love,


Noah












2 comments:

Grammy said...

Hi Pumpkin...you have now had a few days behind you since you've started "Round Two" of your chemo treatment. So far so good. You continue to be such a brave little boy. We were concern that your return to the hospital on Friday was going to be hard for you to understand, especially after having been home for a while, but it wasn't the fact that you were returning that was upsetting to you BUT the fact you couldn't go back to the room you had during your first stay. I know that was upsetting for you but it was amazing to us. Glad you have adjusted to your "new room" and now feel comfortable there. Say hello to your roommate, Adrian.
Well as I sign off...know once again Popa and I send you many hugs and kisses, so reach out and grab them. Love you always. Grammy and Popa

Grammy said...

Hi Pumpkin...just wanted to wish you a good night and sweet dreams.

Love Grammy and Popa

Noah's Music

This music player is set up to start as soon as you come to my blog. You can pause it at any time. You can also opt to listen to it as a stand alone player even when you are not on my blog if you want to feel close to me.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Noah's New Haircut